Monday 24 October 2011

Welcome to the House of Fun

Welcome to Dag-Lit Central, AKA the House of Fun.

In all of the locations to visit during the Trick or Treat for Ebooks, this is undoubtedly the least frightening, most utterly un-scary place on the whole hop. I guess you could say that I'm the little kid in the clown suit among all those witches and ghosts and ghouls - although come to think of it, I personally find clowns to be far more frightening than any of those other things.

But un-scary or not, I hope you'll have a bit of fun while you're here.

Today I'm going to be talking about bugs. I know, bugs can sometimes be pretty frightening. The big hairy kinds that walk over you while you're asleep. The horrid, nasty flying things that crowd around you in cold, clammy places. Not to mention the nasty bitey, stingy ones that attack you on hot summer days.

No, the bugs I'm talking about are not scary bugs at all. They're called Flidderbugs and they're most definitely the silliest sort of bugs you could ever meet. Rather than doing proper "buggy" things like biting, stinging and otherwise frightening and bothering people, they spend most of their time having endless arguments about really pointless things - a bit like us actually.

Flidderbugs, of course, is also the title of the ebook novella which I'll be giving away during the course of this blog hop. A number of readers have compared it to Dr Seuss (even though it's not illustrated and it doesn't rhyme), while others have described it as "fun, thought-provoking, and well written", "refreshing and attention-grabbing", and "apparently light, but profound".

So if you've had enough of the spooks and spirits, grab yourself a copy of Flidderbugs. How? Just leave a comment beneath this post. Scariest comment wins a free copy. Funniest comment wins a free copy. Buggiest comment wins a free copy. Hey, I'm feeling generous - all comments will win a free copy.

Then check out the list below for all the other fantastically frightening blogs to visit during this hop. But before you do, please take the time to explore Dag-Lit Central a bit - there's lots more fun stuff here.

All the best, and a fun-filled Halloween to you.

Final note - if you're leaving a comment, please, please include your email so I can respond with details for how to download your free copy.

28 comments:

  1. *Smiling* This would be a great TREAT ever, Jonathan! I had just bought a copy of your Doodling and I find it great! Now, I am really shaking to death just to have a copy of your Flidderbugs... *Smiling*

    gilnambatac@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween never used to be a big thing here in the UK. There are efforts – mainly on behalf of local shopkeepers who see it as a way of making a quick buck – but I don’t feel that we have got into the spirit (no pun intended – okay, maybe a wee bit intended) of Halloween. Last year two young girls came to our door, one dressed in a Rice Krispies box and a sad pair they were too but not greedy – each took only one item from the selection on offer. I’m really not sure who it is that’s buying all the crap that’s on sale – certainly not me. Anyway I was meaning to ask for a copy of Flidderbugs - Doodling is a bit short to devote a whole post to (not the kind of posts I write anyway) and I’d like to do something to promote them when I get a minute.

    jmurdoch@ntlworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dressing up as Elvira for a Spooky Tales contest tomorrow. This requires a special bra, dress, hair, nails, lashes, the works. If you could see me in real life, I guarantee you this would qualify as either the funniest or scariest comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of a greater treat than a new book but add to that political satire and I'm hooked


    Thank you

    socalireefsmod@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a clown fan, which is rather odd considering my grandmother was a collector of them (she had them EVERYWHERE). I do enjoy Halloween!

    Stephanie O.
    ladybug07999(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book sounds fun and isn't that what halloween is all about. So hoping for a copy because I am "50" and "50" is all about fun.:)

    Carmee miaross1961@yahoo.com
    (if it could be a copy through amazon.com, I would greatly appreciate it..I am a bit challenged at downloading ebooks from some sites.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Halloween is tied for my favorite Holiday when else can people dress up and pretend to be something they are not and not be looked at like they are crazy . tberra@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the best thing about halloween is the make believe. The only time of year when you can be absolutely anything!

    My Uncle was very imaginative with his halloween decorating & he always included me. One year I refused to trick or treat so I could be an alien to go with the giant spaceship he built. We made a haunted yard & ran out of candy, the kids kept coming & said "We don't want candy, we wanna go again!"
    goodieguntz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm glad all comments win because I am definitely not a writer.

    marce_hall at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Paternal Grandparents we married on Halloween Which I never knew until I was researching my family history Funny thing is that they were very strict Irish Catholics. Strange to be married on a holiday thought to be Evil. :) Braddockc@gmail.com Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of being able to dress up into something fantastical and get away with it... Halloween needs to happen more often=)

    kathleen(dot)doyle88(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your sense of humor, Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flidderbugs sounds like a great read! Thank you for your generosity!!

    relishinglife (at) relishinglife (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would have really bugged me if you hadn't said I could get a free copy ;p In all seriousness, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a fan of Halloween. My last adventure trick-or-treating, my mother made a costume out of reeds (the kind that grow in ditches and marshes) so that I could go dressed as Cousin Itt from the Addams Family. The costume weighed probably 20 or more pounds and didn't last very long. However, I am a fan of free e-books. Thanks.

    whuntsman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boo!!! Should be a great read - can't wait Thanks,
    SandyM1959@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love free books. Thank you for the treat. Yruirish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to have an unscary read, especially if it's humorous! Not enough books out there to make us laugh these days...Thank you!

    adanger@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woohoo free ebooks ROCK!!


    cencire2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I promise not to play any tricks with such a great sounding treat coming my way. Thanks! Have a happy Halloween!

    leezastetson (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice! I recently picked up Doodling at Smashwords, so I look forward to this one!

    heykiddego (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Halloween! No tricks for you but I am definitely getting a treat, thanks so much!

    3930pagano@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Halloween! Loving the freebie!

    ziemba.3@wright.edu

    ReplyDelete
  26. aah....Halloween. The one day a year I can wear my normal clothes and people think I've dressed up. Woohoo!


    jaqs_a_star@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh oops! I forgot to leave my email in the earlier comment >.< Please disregard that one, so that I don't bug you too much! hehe


    jnc570@msn.com

    ReplyDelete